Today, the importance and impact of tourism on the development of a country are well known. In reality, the term tourism encompasses a whole lot of other concepts that are sometimes difficult to discern since it is not only about travel and vacations. Let's find out a little more about it through this article.
The Different Forms of Tourism
Tourism includes all the activities and exchanges carried out by visitors who stay away from their usual living environments. Contrary to what people think, there is a multitude of forms of tourism and each one has its own particularities. Here are some examples:
- Domestic tourism: This form refers to the activities of visitors to a given country, regardless of their origin. As such, it includes both domestic and international tourism.
- Domestic tourism: This category includes tourism activities within a country by residents of that country.
- International tourism: This refers to all tourists travel outside national borders.
- Domestic tourism: Domestic tourism is a combination of domestic and outbound tourism. Thus, it includes the activities of visitors from within and outside a country.
- Outbound tourism: This is the set of tourism activities carried out by residents of a country who travel to destinations outside the country.
- Inbound tourism: Includes the activities of a non-resident visitor within the boundaries of the country of reference, as part of an inbound tourism trip.
But what is the use ?
The importance of tourism to economies and businesses: Tourism is vital to the success of many economies around the world. In addition, tourism increases the income of the economy, creates thousands of jobs, develops the infrastructure of a country and creates a sense of cultural exchange between foreigners. Finally, tourism enhances the value of a country and increases its notoriety.
To conclude, tourism has several facets and participates enormously in the development of a country, because it increases the coffers of the state.